Some Wonderful remarks from our friends
It is with affection that I greet the members of the Pave the Way Foundation and I thank Mr. Krupp for the kind words which he has addressed to me on your behalf.
His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI
“I am happy to meet with you at the conclusion of the important symposium organized by the Pave the Way Foundation. I know that many eminent scholars have participated in this reflection on the numerous works of my beloved predecessor – the Servant of God Pope Pius XII – accomplished during the difficult period around the time of the second world war. I warmly welcome each of you especially Mr Gary Krupp, President of the Foundation, whom I thank for the kind words expressed on your behalf. I am grateful to him for informing me how your work has been undertaken during the symposium. You have analyzed without bias the events of history and concerned yourselves only with seeking the truth. I also greet those accompanying you on this visit, as well as your family members and loved ones at home.”
ADDRESS OF HIS HOLINESS BENEDICT XVI AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE SYMPOSIUM ORGANIZED BY THE “PAVE THE WAY FOUNDATION”. Hall of the Swiss, Castel Gandolfo Thursday, 19 September 2008
As the first Israeli Ambassador to the Holy See for Israel, I am keenly aware of the importance that the relations between Israel and the Holy See be strengthened. As many of the individual items you are working on may seem difficult, I encourage you to persevere in your efforts. The notion of arranging cultural exchanges as the exhibits you hope to launch here in Israel and the return of religious property to the Church, will most assuredly promote gestures of good will between the religions.
– H.E. Ambassador Shmuel Hadas – First Israeli Ambassador to the Holy See.
I am sending you this letter of support to express my deep appreciation for your remarkable work to promote good relations and cooperation between the Holy See and the State of Israel. In particular your efforts to galvanize Israeli compliance with its commitments made in the Fundamental Agreement and to demonstrate gestures of good will to the Vatican are of enormous importance, both for the bilateral relations themselves and for Catholic- Jewish relations around the world.
– Rabbi David Rosen – Signatory to the Alexandria Declaration and International Director of the American Jewish Committee
Once more I feel impelled by events- this time happily positive developments-to express my profound gratitude and appreciation for the unique contribution you have been making with the Pave the Way Foundation, to securing onward progress in building up the relationship between the Catholic Church and the Jewish People. There are, of course, many organizations devoted to advancing Catholic Jewish dialogue and friendship. None, however, has equally grasped the indispensable requirement of a healthy relationship between the Church and the State of Israel.
– The Reverend Dr. David-Maria A. Jaeger, OFM, official spokesperson for the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land
– H.Em Edmund Cardinal Szoka- President of the Pontifical Council for the Vatican City State
– H.Em William Cardinal Keeler – Archbishop of Baltimore
– Lord George Carey – Former Archbishop of Canterbury
– H.E. Ambassador Alon Pinkas, former Consul General to New York for the State of Israel
– Rabbi David Rosen – Signatory to the Alexandria Declaration and International director and Chief Rabbi of the American Jewish Committee
I think he is one of the greatest people I have met in my life and I am 80. He has me 100 percent convinced he will succeed.
– Dott. Rolando Clementoni – Senior Papal Chamberlain – Protocol Officer of the Apostolic Palace – Vatican
– Rabbi Shlomo Riskin- Chief Rabbi of Efrat, Israel
– Archbishop Celestino Migliore – Apostolic Nuncio, Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations
– Hillel Newman – Ministry of Foreign Affairs- Foreign Ministers Bureau State of Israel
– Ambassador Arye Mekel – Consul General – Consulate General of Israel in New York
– James S. Snyder – Director of the Israel Museum
– Michael R. Bloomberg- Mayor of the City of New York
Mr. and Mrs. Krupp formed Pave the Way Foundation to effect his vision of the commonality that exists between the world’s religions. They use the common message of the true benevolence of each faith, to affect the overall goal that the religions, universally, must act to remove incorrect use as a tool of religious dogma and the intentional misinterpretations of holy text, to justify acts of violence, hatred and bigotry, within each religion. This, Mr. Krupp believes, is the cause of every major conflict on earth. How can such a monumental task be accomplished? Well sometimes the easiest and the simplest way will accomplish great things. Gary has proven this and, if his methodology becomes a format for dealing with the world’s problems, I’m convinced that solutions, to some of the international problems, would be achieved. We the members of the Islamic Center of Long Island have directly benefited from Gary’s groundbreaking interfaith outreach. He invited the ICLI community to participate in the Pope John Paul II Memorial Concert held at the Saint Agnes Cathedral in Rockville Center, New York on Sunday Oct 16, 2005. It was clear that Gary was one of the main and driving force behind this unique and commemorative event. A Jewish man arranges for the Muslims to participate in a concert honoring the late John Paul II and held in a Cathedral – only in America. This in itself speaks volumes regarding Gary’s vision, contacts and outreach.
– Dr. Faroque Khan – Chairman of the Board of Trustees Islamic Center of Long Island
– Fr. Raffaele Farina, SBD – Prefect of the Vatican Library
– Archbishop Celestino Migliore – Apostolic Nuncio, Permanent Observer for the Holy See to the United Nations
– Professor Lawrence Schiffman – Chair of the Skirball Department New York University
– Sister Margherita Marchione, Ph.D.
– The Reverend Dr. David-Maria A. Jaeger, OFM Legal Representative for the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land
– Theophilos III – Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem
– Rabbi Carlos C. Huerta- Chaplain (Major) United States Military Academy at West Point
– Archbishop Eugenio Sbarbaro – Apostolic Nuncio to Serbia
– John R. Drexel IV – United States Prior of the Venerable Order of St. John